Saturday, May 21, 2011

full up










yesterday another pallet of felt arrived....


and quickly filled up my workshop!

Today I have unpacked and counted it and tried to find places for it all to go...


there's still just enough space in there for one person....


...I've even the filled up the landing!!

The storage boxes you can see up there were also delivered yesterday and John made them up for me (20 in total)....and I got busy filling them...


I've done a lot of this:


and turned my dyeing trolley into The Cutting Station:

I also got my order of ribbons from America yesterday, which has all been counted & sorted and is sitting patiently on the table for me to start chopping it into lengths!


There's a lot of work ahead of me but it's going to plan so far!

5 comments:

Highland Monkey's said...

Golly all that felt and ribbons. Must be great having all those parcels delivered at once. To me it would be utter bliss!

Anonymous said...

Love all your stuff. You must be very busy and well organised too.
Looking forward to all your postings
Frances

somewhere on the avenue said...

Good grief, ive never seen so much felt, it looks like your'e walking into a big box of candy!! Are you working 24 hours a day?? x

Stephanie said...

Wow, it is good you have a new bigger workshop now!!
Can you tell us how many kits you have to make total? You have so much felt (and I assume a lot of it is for the John Lewis kits)

Diana said...

Hi there, I just discovered your blog today, while I was looking for new ideas to do with felt, and I'm just amazed! Where I live, it's really hard to get the kind of buttons and fabrics you have, and you have such beautiful material!
Anyway, congratulations for your great and beautiful work :)