Tuesday, February 22, 2011

happy colours

Today I put the finishing touches to a custom order...I can't show the items in full because the customer hasn't seen them yet, but I should be able to show them in all their glory tomorrow...for now, here's a sneaky peek ::

Yesterday I had a disaster day.
I spent much of it trying to phone the solicitor, at attempt number 5 I finally got to speak to him (rather than his secretary) and guess what??? he still hadn't done very much!!
Afterwards I was so annoyed that when I picked the phone up to phone the estate agent (who is super helpful) I managed to drop the phone and it went down the back of the radiator and was wedged!! (I'm sure you can imagine this did nothing positive for the bad mood!!) luckily John managed to get it out for me!!



Today the estate agent called and it looks as though my annoyance has been felt and the ball is rolling....I should get the draft lease in the post tomorrow and once I have read all the comments etc I have to send it back, it then gets sent to the other solicitor who sends it to the landlord ...blah blah blah...another 2 weeks* and I should be able to move in!!
Hurrah!
* 2 weeks in solicitor speak = whenever-they-feel-like-it-so don't-hold-your-breath

10 comments:

ZEPETIT said...

Delicious!

Zepequeña.

Stephanie said...

oh cant wait to see the whole finished thing!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

bears footprints said...

i cant wait to see the rest of them, and for the other issues you have encounter, slow deep breaths, it will soon all be over and you will have those keys x x

Closet Writer said...

Oh dear I remember it well....solicitors, landlords... leases, oh my so frustrating and to think I am concidering doing it all again...must be mad!!! Wishing you well and in the new place soon!xx

quiltdude said...

Lovely zingy colours you have used.
How fustrating the move has become, fingers crossed that things start to move along now. x

Pyjama said...

I just found your blog! Lovely stuff! I love your projects with bright colours!

Mazzalou said...

Wow, I came across this blog yesterday and am in love! The things you make are so amazing and inspiring!

This is the first blog I've ever commented on (See?! It shows how impressed I am!) However, this means I'm not quite sure about how all this blog commenting works! I am very keen to enter one of your freebie competitions when they arrive, but noticed that you need to be able to contact us via our comment. Is there a way to do that without me putting my email address in my comment? (Sorry for my ignorance!)

Looking forward to seeing the customer order in it's full glory - the sneaky peak looks gorgeous, they really are happy colours! I can see myself becoming very addicted to your blog...!

cik ct payung said...

solicitors making money by hours, the longer they can delay, the more money they can make.

by the way, with the colourful, cheerful things u created, ur day wont be so bad.

paper-and-string said...

hi Mazzalou
thanks so much!
I always try to reply to comments via email because I won't know if you come back to read this!
if you email me
mail (at) paper-and-string (dot) co (dot) uk
I can email you back :-)
Sarah x