Friday, March 26, 2010

a very ribbon-y post

all my boxes are unpacked and the shelves have been re-arranged to hold a mammoth delivery of ribbon ::

I was running low on some designs so contacted my supplier but lots of my favourite ribbon has been discontinued and only 'large volume' customers were able to purchase from their 'large volume' list ...
... so I did a deal (which was kinda scary and involved a ridiculously big $ number) and managed to buy a BIG bulk order (normally my orders are seen as small fry to these big suppliers)

I have bought LOTS of big reels of my favourite ribbons and that means I can offer bulk discounts to my customers ... it's all still available by the metre and the price has held at 85p a metre OR now I am able to offer 10m bundles for just £6.50, a BIG saving of £2
(it's always nice to get a bargain!)
I also stocked up on plain grosgrains which will be invaluable for packing (they will be listed on my website soon)
and I got a discount on 3 yard spools which means they are still only £2 each (even though the exchange rate is dreadful)

these are the new designs ::
I've also got a lot more velvet scallop ribbon (including a new colour!) still just £1.70 a metre OR 5m bundles for £6.50
if you're tempted or just want to take a peek most of it is on the website right now!

16 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Oh my, I'd be in absolute heaven in your workshop!

Rustyhammer said...

Oh, My, Goodness! Rushes off to web site...

LvBeii said...

omigosh!sweet!

treaclezoo said...

lovely ribbony madness!

Unknown said...

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I am in heaven!!!!

Jak said...

Wow, now that's what I call ribbon heaven.

Jak x

Indigo Blue said...

I am feeling pretty crappy today, bunged up nose and no voice for the past two, now three days, so todays medicine will be to just sit here and stare at that lovely ribbon! Best therapy ever! Well done for getting a good deal with your suppliers too, I think they should support smaller businesses as well because your money is as good as anyone elses and in this recession can they afford to be so arkward anyway?

Scented Sweetpeas said...

oohh ribbons, how i love ribbon! thanks for your lovely blog post.

Unknown said...

I love ribbon and do sell some on one of my Folksy shops, but they are different to your gorgeous collection! I love the new ones, especialy the little trees.

MitziMakes said...

I love those heart ribbons!

Ann said...

Oh, you've made my day! I'm off to drool over all those lovely ribbons.

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

Wow!! You are a lucky girl!

Unknown said...

Gosh I just LOVE those new ribbons!

PixieBelle said...

I really, really hope me and the sewing machine can sort out our differences. So many ideas in my head and your shop contents would help bring them all to life but the sewing macine and I can't agree on a way forward yet with the simplest things. Once we finally work out our differences I am so spending a fortune in your shop.

Tizzalicious said...

Oh wow, incredible! I want some of those! Or all of them, really :P

Marie. said...

That is... a ton of ribbon. Very very pretty ribbon I might add.