Tuesday, March 16, 2010

sharing

one of my favourite things about the crafty-blog world is the openness. The atmosphere is such that people feel comfortable enough to ask questions which help them find new methods and supplies to work with on their projects....

...not a day goes by without a new email in my inbox asking something craft related....

....sometimes I can't answer them but I do try to help find out the answers...sometimes I refuse to answer (in a nice way I hope!) because sometimes spilling the beans would potentially harm my business .... I've been asked for names, addresses and product codes so others could order from my suppliers...I've even been asked how many orders and how much money I take every week!

Today I'd like to answer a question I've been asked quite a few times since this post about apples
where I gave a sneak preview of my new labels.
I used a new-to-me printer paper...it's amazing!...you can print fabric on your printer! AND you can feel the backing off and iron it into position!
The paper came from craftycomputerpaper and the one I used is the iron and wash cotton, but there are loads to choose from.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing, you are very geneous! Cannot believe some of the cheeky questions you have been asked though! Ps. What colour are your pants?!! lol!

Missy said...

Glad you've discovered that cotton paper, I've been using it for a while now - dunno what I would do without it!

Lorraine said...

Blimey O Riley! There are some funny folk...still it'd be a duller world without them :-)
You do great work and inspire so many of us - Thanks for that and all the info you share xx

Rustyhammer said...

Oooh I have some of that paper/cotton stuff *somewhere*. Thanks for reminding me of it.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

It is alarming what some people have the hide to ask. I get the "really love your products & farbics, i want to make the same products too, where do you source your materials" & after the 50th email like that, i have it down pat, that i've been collecting fabrics from all over the world for over a decade, making my own patterns for 12 years & really do you want to be original or copy?? I also get asked how much i make, i feel like saying "well divided by the number of children i have . . ." So annoying. Markets are very confronting too, they ask for discounts, freebies, really, do you do that at your local chain store?? Good on you for staying strong, love your work, love Posie

M said...

Oh! I´ve just discovered your blog :) It´s gorgeous, so creative!

Hugs
Silvana
Morocha

dottycookie said...

Now that beats Cash's name tapes hands down!

Unknown said...

Wat ever you're saying about the questions that reached your inbox is so true! Yes, it mean no harm asking but...reader pls. think twice b4 u ask something :D..rite?

Jak said...

Thanks for sharing, you have sent my imagination into overdrive now. Well you know what they say 'there's none queer as folk' (queer in the biblical sense, of course, lol!).

Thanks again for your giveaway, I've blogged about it and linked back to you.

Jak x

Closet Writer said...

Oh thankyou....you just solved my apron logo problem!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

The cheek of some people! You do the hard work and then they just want to pick your brains. I know it may be difficult to know where to start but there's lots of information out there if people can be bothered to look instead of pumping people like yourself. It's like some of them don't even know what business they really would like to get into so they want to find out just how much effort it takes and how much they may be able to make before deciding - that's not the way it should be!
Anyway enough of the rant hehe. Love all your stuff ;)
Anne xx

LolaCookieCake said...

Muchas gracias por la informaciĆ³n sobre las etiquetas, me ha ayudado mucho.
Te invito a visitarme.
www.chicasbroche.blogspot.com
Un abrazo
Loly.