Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fabric Swatches

I finished my swatches :: The most time consuming bit was trawling the Internet to find out which designer or range they belong to, but now I have it should make re-ordering a lot easier! I don't know why but I have a kind of fear of running out of supplies...I have loads of fabric and felt and buttons and ribbon etc etc but I still actually worry about running out. I think lots of people don't like to cut into new fabric and I think that is part of it, but I am really going to try to use what I have before I buy more of anything.
Hopefully now I have noted down the names and can find the fabric easily I'll feel happier using it all up before I buy more.....perhaps I should do this with my ribbon selection......?

7 comments:

Kitty said...

I should be ashamed at the size of my stash - I really should. But I'm not. And what's more I still buy more :-O x

Dena Rooney-Berg (SugarShop) said...

Looks like that would be a very satisfying project! I am that way with fabric. If I'm about to use the last of something, I have to see if I can order more of it first. Is that weird? Lol!

Gigibird said...

You are so organised!

Hilda Vanessa Ramos said...

Wow everything looks so wonderful organized!
I wish i could have something like that but i buy my fabric at a local remnant family owned store that every week has something different! I cant actually order more of a fabric.

Unknown said...

stop it...move away from the swatch cards.....do NOT attempt to make ribbon swatches.
Now, go and make a mess somewhere please, there's a good girl.

Locket Pocket said...

You have to stop doing this to me! Those fabric swatch cards are gorgeous! I've always loved your felt ones and now you have fabric ones too! I would want to frame them! Lucy x

Claire said...

You are super organised!!! When you've finished organising your supplies can you do mine too!? My husband usually just tidies me away in to a small pile with all of my craft stuff :)